Monday, October 10, 2011


I will take a needed vacation from this blog for a few days. I hope to be back during the last week of October. I have managed 21 of daily blogs without a break; often keeping a week or more ahead of the schedule. But with a three week vacation/retreat in October, it's finally caught up to me. 
I am grateful to my patient readers for your perseverance and encouragement in this project and will be back at the desk in a week or two. 


I have posted at the top of this page a link to Pax Anima, a wonderful 16th century treatise on prayer by a Spanish Franciscan. It is not terribly long and is written in short chapters. I hope you enjoy reading this invitation to life in the Lord as much as I have. 


God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to write. This blog helps me to meditate on the Word of God, and I hope to make some contribution to our contemplations of God's Mighty Works.

Ordinarily, I write these reflections two or three weeks in advance of their publication. I do not intend to comment on current events.

I understand many people prefer gender-neutral references to "God." I don't disagree with them but find that language impersonal, unappealing and tasteless. When I refer to "God" I think of the One whom Jesus called "Abba" and "Father", and I would not attempt to improve on Jesus' language.

You're welcome to add a thought or raise a question.